A firmware upgrade for midrange storage is good news all round.
It’s great to lead a market. But no one stays ahead by standing still, and that’s why we’ve recently announced a suite of significant enhancements to our SC Series storage arrays.
The SCOS 7.3 firmware upgrade brings a number of improvements in performance and functionality. I’ll summarise the customer advantages shortly – but first, let’s take a look at what this announcement means for you…
Great news for you
There are several benefits for Partners:
- The performance boost delivered by this upgrade means we’re indeed not standing still. The market leader just got better – which means it’s an even more powerful proposition when you’re talking to customers
- Simpler management, increased efficiency and availability are all persuasive arguments too
- Easier upgrades and expansion give you great opportunities to suggest a refresh of, or addition to, current hardware
- The Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program still applies – so you can point out to customers that all those great reassurances, including satisfaction, efficiency and investment protection, remain in place, even against these higher specs
And there’s another point to consider, too. For existing customers on a current support contract, it’s a free upgrade – which means you can deepen the positive relationship you have with them.
Great news for your customers
Customers benefit from this upgrade in so many ways. This is just a summary:
Game-changing performance boost
- Up to 2 million max IOPS per array, 20M in federated environments (SC9000)1
- 2X increase in maximum IOPS across every array model) 1
- 50,000-100,000 more “real world” 70/30 IOPs across every array model! 2
‘Manage anywhere’ simplicity
- Unisphere for SC / Unisphere Central HTML 5 Web UIs (single/multi-array)
- CloudIQ support for cloud-based analytics and monitoring
- More flexibility and insight for your customers
- Data-in-place upgrades for SC4020
- SCv2000 now federates/replicates with other SC arrays
- Maximum capacity increases for SC9000, SC7020, SC5020 and new SC All-Flash arrays
More enterprise-class efficiency and availability
- 25/100GbE iSCSI I/O card – ready for tomorrow’s networks
- Distributed sparing, with 500 percent faster rebuilds and all drives used for I/O
- Live Volume ALUA, lowers latency, reduces network traffic in HA environments
So there you are: even better storage performance for customers, delivering even better sales opportunities for you. For further information please visit the Partner Portal.