Five reasons to join Think Big Analytics and see your career in analytics skyrocket
The growth in popularity of data science as a subject, coupled with the global boom in data creation, and organisations looking to maximise information through big data strategies, means that more and more people are building a career in this space.
However, given the embryonic nature of the category, many of those joining its ranks remain relatively early in their career. Yet, while the entry-level cupboard is well stocked, demand is outstripping supply when it comes to experienced individuals – people who can lead a project from start to finish or jump in at different stages to provide expertise that resolves problems. Like in any other industry, getting experienced people with the right skill set that fit organisational culture and who have some commercial acumen is not always easy.
But, we want to do our part to address that. Think Big offers variety and huge personal development potential by putting its consultants and experts at the cutting edge of big data development. If that wasn’t enough, it is looking for people right now – from data engineers to data scientists and project managers. If that couldn’t be clearer, we’ve outlined five reasons why joining us could fast track your big data career:
- Innovation – As a consultancy, Think Big offers unparalleled opportunities embrace innovation by working on ground-breaking projects, using emerging tools and novel methodologies. We work in multiple sectors, from banking security and fraud detection to e-commerce platform development and producing predictions that enable real-time responsiveness for betting. The possibilities are as endless as they are exciting.
- Creative focus – In-house data experts often have a narrow focus, working on the same thing for a long time. At Think Big we value teams and welcome new ideas as well as understanding that novel solutions are often borne from collaborative teamwork with our customers’ teams. Our experts work on challenging projects and develop ground-breaking big data solutions to drive innovation today, and in the future.
- Variety and the use of multiple tools & technologies – Unlike most of our competitors we are vendor and tool agnostic, which means that not only do our teams get to work on varied projects across different verticals, but they also get to try, test and learn how to use emerging technologies to solve complex problems. What you might be working on for a retailer on one project, will be vastly different from a telecoms provider on the next helping you to avoid becoming over-specialised or pigeon-holed.
- Skills development – We invest in our employees to ensure that they develop their skills. Whether you want to upskill your domain or tech knowledge or become more customer-focused, we can help.
- Rapid growth and career progression – As a relatively young but a rapidly expanding company worldwide, there are countless opportunities to grow and progress. We’re moving very quickly, and you could be part of that.
Do you have what it takes?
The people we are looking, for, data engineers, data scientists and project managers, need to understand business problems and have the ability to translate data into information and business outcomes. Apart from your technical abilities, ideally you should be comfortable talking business, commercials and comfortable presenting new ideas to senior stakeholders.
Big data and analytics isn’t just a career for the future; it’s a promising field today with room for incredible growth. We believe there will be a continued hiring demand for big data-related positions in industries across all verticals as the adoption no longer is a choice, but a must. Perhaps even more exciting is that Think Big is looking for people right now. So, if you want to become part of the team at one of the biggest businesses in big data, please do get in touch with us.
We look forward to hearing from you.